RECIPE: Raw Broccoli Salad with Chicken or Fish
Here is a quick, easy and yummy summer salad you can pair with some chicken or a fillet of fish. If you prefer a vegan option you can just add lentils or chickpeas to the salad for an extra protein kick.
Broccoli is one of the best foods you can put in your body. It naturally has anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties, is full of folate and is a plant based source of protein (especially in the stem!)
This recipe makes a fair amount so you can pack the leftovers for lunch the following day.
• 1 pound broccoli florets (from 1 ½ pounds broccoli stalks), thinly sliced and then roughly chopped.
• ½ cup raw sunflower seeds or chopped pumpkin seeds
• ½ cup finely chopped red onion
• ½ cup of chopped red cabbage
Honey mustard dressing
• ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar/or balsamic
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 medium clove garlic, pressed or minced
• ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
Recipe brought to you by Jennifer Still of White Feather Nutrition